Lesson 4 Vocabulary:
1. Monk – Man who devotes his life to religion.
2. Monastery – Community in which monks live.
3. Nun – Woman who devotes her life to religion.
4. Convent – Community in which nuns live.
5. Benedict – Italian monk who made laws for all monks.
6. Magna Carta – Legal document written by English Lords in 1215 that limited the rights of the king.
7. Saints – Men or women thought to be especially holy.
8. Cathedral – A large Christian church.
9. Pilgrimage – A journey for a religious purpose.
10. Crusades – Battles fought over the Holy Land between Christians and Muslims.
11. Guilds – Organization of workers who perform the same trade or craft.
12. King John I – King of England who reluctantly signed the Magna Carta in 1215.